According to statistics 85 percent of women deal with PMS symptoms. Mood swings, irritability, insomnia, nervousness, fatigue – women have to fight with all these every month. The intensity of these symptoms for different women can be different, but all of them certainly want to get rid of this.
There are different ways to cope with PMS symptoms: you can take medications, try different herbs which help to relive your state and eat certain kinds of food, but the first and the main way to fight with PMS symptoms is natural way. Women who want to improve the situation should lead healthy lifestyle and keep to some simple rules. Here are some of them:
1. Eat products which contain calcium every day. A daily dose of calcium for an adult person is 1200 mg. According to statistics it can help to diminish PMS symptoms up to 50 percent.
2. Lead active life. Some women give up doing exercise or try to do nothing at all during their period and before it. They think that they feel badly and shouldn’t do anything because of this fact. That’s totally incorrect – exercise is the best way to reduce stress which is women’s main enemy during the period and before it. Exercise is the main source of endorphins which are considered to be the best mood regulators and natural pain killers. So active way of life will help you to deal with anxiety and irritability – the most widespread symptoms of PMS. Moreover regular exercise improves circulation of the blood in the body which helps to alleviate cramps during the period.
3. Pay attention to what you eat. Healthy way of life should include healthy diet. Include more fruit, vegetables, whole grains and food containing calcium, magnesium, certain vitamins and minerals into your diet, exclude food containing sugar and salt – and you’ll see that your period is getting more and more trouble-free. Reduce the amount of beverages containing caffeine or, what is better, give up drinking them at all during your cycle – and you’ll immediately notice leaving of moodiness, irritation and insomnia.
4. Relax. We need rest and relaxation even when we don’t feel any PMS symptoms. And when you feel not very well during the period you should pay special attention to your need of relaxation. There are special stress managing techniques that may help to relieve PMS symptoms. Concern yourself with yoga, try special breathing techniques and meditation. Massage will help you to relax aching muscles which will ease monthly cramps.
5. Forget about cravings. Many women experience desire for unhealthy snacks during their periods. These snacks usually contain a great amount of salt and sugar which won’t make you any good. Consuming more whole grain food will help you to overcome this unhealthy desire.
6. Have enough sleep. It goes without saying that a person who experiences lack of sleep can’t feel well. During the period a woman’s body feels much more tired so it needs much more rest. Sleep no less than 8 hours a night, keep to the rules above and you’ll feel calm and energetic during the whole day.